Wow, I am exhausted. Today was my second day of classes. Each class is 2 hours long and there is a short break in there, so it seems like it should be a fairly easy schedule. However, as all of the ESL teachers reading this blog know, if the class is small (1-4 students), the level of energy that the instructor puts in is higher. By 5 I am ready to sit down and relax.
However, last night after class, Roberta (another English instructor) and I went to a rooftop bar downtown to take pictures of the Acropolis in the evening. It was very swank, so we had to dress up. We got a couple of good pictures and then went to the "tourist grocery store" to buy things like cocoa (for my coffee), wine, jam, and other unusual items. We got back quite late, but I finally had a good night's sleep. Even though it is really hot, I sleep with my window closed because it is so noisy. The night before people were out on the streets yelling and honking at 3 am. I wasn't sure if it was a soccer match or a riot.
However, last night after class, Roberta (another English instructor) and I went to a rooftop bar downtown to take pictures of the Acropolis in the evening. It was very swank, so we had to dress up. We got a couple of good pictures and then went to the "tourist grocery store" to buy things like cocoa (for my coffee), wine, jam, and other unusual items. We got back quite late, but I finally had a good night's sleep. Even though it is really hot, I sleep with my window closed because it is so noisy. The night before people were out on the streets yelling and honking at 3 am. I wasn't sure if it was a soccer match or a riot.
![]() |
| The ceremonial guard which I remember from my childhood visit to Athens. |



You look beautiful. Thanks for the post!
ReplyDeleteYou look great! How many students do you have?
ReplyDelete