After waking up late (still adjusting to the time change and the heat), I headed down to the beach south of Athens. Everyone else in Athens had the same idea and the bus was like a tin of sardines. However, it was worth it. First, I found a rocky coast and waded out into the waters. The water was refreshing, but much warmer and saltier than the Pacific. The water just floats you along. I was picking my way over the rocks and then realized that the rocks I was walking on were surrounded by sea urchins!! I immediately froze and then started moving cautiously back to the shore. I walked just a short way down the coast on the pedestrian path and found a lovely sandy beach with tons of trees and shade. It was so nice to just hang out and people watch with the breeze coming off the water to cool me down. It felt like a world away from the noisy, crowded city. Nature-the best stress reducer of all. This was a good way to start the week- a break before picking up the 3 classes tomorrow.
 |
| The beach south of Athens |
 |
| Theresa (still learning to take selfies) at the beach |
Comments
Post a Comment