My first day in Greece, I went to take a tour of the classes and the office. The program director, Martha, was just ordering coffee and asked if I wanted one. Imagine my surprise when, a few moments later, a man drove up on a scooter with our coffees. This is a service that is common all over Athens and you don't pay more to have your coffee delivered, nor do you tip the delivery person. While it is convenient, I am certain that it must not be good for the environment or the cafe's bottom line.
 |
| Coffee deliveryman |
The buskers on the street here play traditional instruments for the tourists and the bazaars sell all kinds of things: instruments, junk, religious art, kitchenware, etc.
 |
| Busker across from the Acropolis |

A nice restaurant in the tourist area has a whimsical theme of hats as light covers. Mopeds are a popular form of transport here.

The farmers' market is huge and can be overwhelmingly crowded.
Yesterday there was a big rally supporting immigrants and open borders.
|
|
Can you get me one of those t- shirts?
ReplyDeleteBtw, that's mom.
DeleteWhat a great blog!
ReplyDelete